Silke in the Morning | Fiona J. Williams | Portrait
Even though the title of the painting suggests that it was done to capture the subject in the morning light, to me, it reminds me of the night. Brushstrokes of light yellowish, white specks on the deep blue background look like stars in the midnight sky. The subject is looking ahead at something in a calm manner. The gentle, soft smile, lightly lifting her cheek, conveys her thoughts. She’s at ease and in the moment, thinking about something agreeable to her from the tranquil demeanour.
This portrait is soothing in a sense. It puts one at ease when looking at it. The ratio of white from her shirt top against the cobalt background is pleasing to the eye. The colours meet at the perfect point without overshadowing each other, instead of complementing it. Her dark black hair with streaks of red, brown and white, flow softly on the white shirt. The light cream colour of her face has a glassy appearance to it from the way the white highlights the contours of the woman’s face, where the light hits.
The woman's fringe is covering almost three-quarters of her face; her right eye is peeping through the hair. The eye is not one of sadness but one reflecting her amiable, engaging expression.
Buying a painting online
- All paintings are made by contemporary artist.
- All paintings at Gallery Sorelle Sciarone come with a certificate of authenticity.
- We have a big window in our return policy. You can try all paintings at home for thirty days, to see if it works in your life.
- We offer a wide array of safe international payment options.
- All shipments are insured.
- Free shipping and return in the Netherlands for all paintings.
- Free shipping World Wide for all purchases and returns for over €2.000,00.