Wabi Sabi 13 | Mathea Boogert | Abstract Art
Wabi Sabi 13 | Mathea Boogert | Abstract Painting
Main Colour Scheme of Wabi Sabi 13 by Mathea Boogert: Brown, white through the wax.
Text excerpt from Curator Aida Oluwagbemiga
"To me, Wabi-Sabi is this transient philosophy which cuts its way through art, architecture, and photography. It's not a traditional or generic art form. It encourages us to be one with the earth, contributing to a more prosperous life. Looking through her art, the colours and the lines mimicking the gold lacquer of the old Japanese tell on pottery, it calls a sense of repair. I think most people forget that. I know I do; as such, having art which reminds you is a way of getting through the present. Mathea's favourite colour used in her art is a vibrant greenish-blue which is absent here, making me feel that she, through this series, intends to communicate by removing herself, reminding us that nothing remains the same. We can have spontaneous bursts of beauty, and even in its subjective form, beauty comes from the simplicity and little bits of Imperfection which makes up the sum of our lives."
Buying a painting online
- All paintings are made by contemporary artist.
- All paintings at Gallery Sorelle Sciarone come with a certificate of authenticity.
- We have a big window in our return policy. You can try all paintings at home for thirty days, to see if it works in your life.
- We offer a wide array of safe international payment options.
- All paintings shipped are insured.
- Free shipping in the Netherlands for all paintings.
- Free shipping World Wide for purchases over €2.000,00.