After Eddy Roos | Adéle du Plessis | Faux Naif Painting
- Contemporary artist: Adéle du Plessis
- Title Artwork: Sketch after Eddie Roos
- Year: 2020
- Technique: Acrylic on Canvas on a granulated background
- Style: Still-life Painting
- Size: 50cm x 40cm
After Eddy Roos | Adéle du Plessis | Acrylic on Board
Sketch After Eddie Roos is a painting by Adéle du Plessis that is part of her Drawn at Home Series.
It is only later in 2021 that she explores what she did in "After Eddie Roos" further in big and smaller sizes, which became her "Mirror Memories" series.
Eddie Roos is a famous Dutch sculptor and choreographer. His most impressive work is his sculpture garden full of dancing bronze figures in Groningen. After a visit to this garden, Adéle made a little bronze human figure after the larger than life bronze figures by Eddie Roos. She then sketched her own small seemingly nude bronze figure and then painted the sketch on top of a thick Impasto of coffee granules. In Adéle's hands, the little bronze after Eddie Roos is a seemingly Nude, Faux Naïf human figure. Only the pose is emulating the great sculptor.
Finally, the top layer of the painting was painted silver. As the final step of the process, the finished painting was sanded with a sand grinder. The heavily textured base layer of the painting allows the bigger part of the painting to exist still while exposing the layers of paint underneath.
In Adéle's Drawn at Home Series, she plays with art history, art philosophy and society. Plato argued art had no place in an ideal society, as art made by the artist's hand was simply too far removed from reality to be of any use to society. Adéle has always played with appropriation and art history, as a female artist positioning herself in a male-dominated Western canon. She is an extension of Westen Art History by appropriating it, as well as exploring the dimensions of the art canons grid.
Buying a painting online
- All paintings are made by contemporary artist.
- All paintings at Gallery Sorelle Sciarone come with a certificate of authenticity.
- We have a big window in our return policy. You can try all paintings at home for thirty days, to see if it works in your life.
- We offer a wide array of safe international payment options.
- All shipments are insured.
- Free shipping and return in the Netherlands for all paintings.
- Free shipping World Wide for all purchases and returns for over €2.000,00.