After Matisse | Adéle du Plessis | Figurative Painting
- Contemporary artist: Adéle du Plessis
- Title Artwork: After Matisse
- Year: 2020
- Technique: Acrylic on Canvas on a granulated background
- Style: Figurative painting
- Size: 50cm x 40cm
After Matisse by Adéle du Plessis
"After Matisse" is an appropriated painting of a work by Matisse in Adéle du Plessis's signature style. What is her signature style? A granulated background created by coffee grounds creates a thick impasto. She paints with broad Impressionist brushstrokes over this heavily textured background. Appropriation art is when an artist takes an image of another artist and incorporates it into a new piece of artwork. As a female artist, Adéle is often measuring herself up to the male-dominated Western art canon. Learning and evolving from this art canon, while also subverting the canon.
Buying a painting online
- All paintings are made by contemporary artist.
- All paintings at Gallery Sorelle Sciarone come with a certificate of authenticity.
- We have a big window in our return policy. You can try all paintings at home for thirty days, to see if it works in your life.
- We offer a wide array of safe international payment options.
- All shipments are insured.
- Free shipping and return in the Netherlands for all paintings.
- Free shipping World Wide for all purchases and returns for over €2.000,00.